Top 15 ‘Parks and Recreation’ Tattoos – Littered With Garbage
Let’s take a trip to Pawnee, Indiana and check out some of the best Parks and Recreation tattoos.
The mockumentary sitcom followed the people working in local government, specifically the Parks and Recreation department. Starring Amy Poehler (formerly of Saturday Night Live), it was beloved by critics and audiences alike throughout its seven season run from April 2009 to February 2015.
Both The Office and Parks and Recreation were produced by Greg Daniels and Michael Schur, with each show really hit their stride in their second seasons.
Across its 125 episodes, Parks and Recreation had numerous guest stars (including our fave, Paul Rudd) and even cameos by real US politicians.
A cast of such lovely, quirky characters, we wouldn’t mind working with them. If forced to choose, our two favourites are April and Leslie. April’s like a real life Daria, as opposed to Leslie Knope who’s ever the optimist; we relate so much to them both. When we have such high expectations of ourselves, we begin everything like Leslie, and when it inevitably turns to shit, April comes out. Who’s your favourite character?
Parks and Recreation is a show which is full of tattoo concepts – perfect if you’re a tattoo collector. A few things which spring to mind include:
- A tattoo to represent Leslie’s love of waffles, whipped cream, or devotion to her career;
- A piece of Ron’s woodwork, or all of the bacon and eggs you can have in the one tattoo;
- Something related to April and Andy’s or Ben and Leslie’s relationship;
- The dearly departed Lil’ Sebastian;
- Galentine’s Day;
- Chris Traeger in the hopes the tattoo will infuse you with his infectious enthusiasm;
- A section of the Knope-Wyatt unity quilt.
We believe that you should always “treat yo’ self” to a new tattoo, but has this specific list inspired you to treat yourself to a Parks and Recreation themed tattoo?